2019 Diversity Impact Award Recipients
For Additional Information email Debbie Mitchell.
Orlando, FL (May 3, 2019) –This year’s top Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and Diversity Councils were honored today during the ERG & Council Conference held at Disney’s Yacht Club Convention Center in Orlando. This annual conference is an opportunity for these groups to learn from one another and be recognized for their contributions and results.
Fernando Serpa, the Executive Director of the Association of ERGs and Councils said, “This year’s award applications represented 1,079 ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and their chapters.” Ancella Livers, President of PRISM International and cohost of the conference, added, “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. Applicants report that completing the award application challenges them to look hard and deep at what they are doing by evaluating their efforts and then enacting adjustments to make them better.”
Awards presented this year include the 2019 ERG & Council Honors Award™, the 2019 Spotlight Impact Award™, 2019 Executive Sponsor of the Year™, and the newly created Linda Stokes Trailblazer Scholarship Award.
2019 ERG & Council Honors Award™ – For ten years, this prestigious award has recognized outstanding contributions of the top 25 U.S. ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils. To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, ERGs and Diversity Councils must be in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated significant contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in a complimentary Application Summary Report which provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase the value they bring to the organizations they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required.
The top 25 recipients (by rank):
- U.S. Bank, Proud to Serve BRG
- Texas Instruments Diversity Network
- U.S. Bank, Spectrum LGBTQ BRG
- Mallinckrodt Inclusion & Diversity Council
- Cleveland Clinic, SALUD
- Northwestern Mutual, Women’s ERG
- Key Bank, Business Impact and Networking Groups
- (tie) Atrium Health Divisional Diversity Councils
- (tie) Froedtert Health Diversity Council
- National Guard Joint Diversity Executive Council
- Davenport University Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council
- State Street Corporation, Professional Women’s Network – Massachusetts Chapter
- Northern Trust Corporation, Advancing Professionals Resource Council
- Bank of America, Military Support & Assistance Group
- Cleveland Clinic, ClinicPride ERG
- Northwestern Mutual, Asian ERG
- Mount Sinai Health System, St. Luke’s Diversity Council
- Cleveland Clinic, Military/Veterans ERG
- PNC Financial Services Group, PNC Corporate Diversity Council
- Novant Health Asian BRG
- Mount Sinai Health System, Queens Diversity Council
- (tie) Erie Insurance Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Council
- (tie) Northern Trust Corporation Women in Leadership Business Resource Council
- General Motors Employee Resource Group Council
- Entergy Employee Resource Group
- American Airlines Diversity Advisory Council
- Turner Inc. Business Resource Groups
2019 Spotlight Impact Award™
The Spotlight Impact Award™ highlights the achievements of select groups in the categories of Organizational Impact, Talent Management and Culture of Inclusion. This year’s recipients are:
- Dominion Energy Executive Diversity Council
- FedEx Services Diversity and Inclusion BRT Council
- Food Lion Diversity and Inclusion
- MUFG Union Bank Women’s Initiative Network
- Summa Health Diversity and Advisory Council
2019 Executive Sponsor of the Year™
New to this year’s conference, this award recognizes organizational executive sponsors for their hard work, support and dedication. Recipients include:
- Randy Day, Perdue Farms Inclusion Council
- Rebecca Huling, FedEx Services, Diversity and Inclusion BRT Council
- Mike Ott, U.S. Bank, Proud to Serve
- Maria Rigatti, Southern California Edison Company, Women’s Roundtable
Linda Stokes Trailblazer Scholarship Award
This scholarship award recognizes the efforts of Ray Lockman, librarian with Minneapolis Central Branch of Hennepin County Library. Ray serves on the D & I Planning Project Team, the Social Justice in Libraries Community of Practice and the Gender Spectrum Training team. Ray is also the former co-chair of the County-wide Trans and Gender Nonconforming Employee Resource Group.
Photos from the event can be found here.
For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™.
About the ERG & Council Conference™
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG Council Conference.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for: leveraging diversity and inclusion, addressing unconscious bias, increasing cross-cultural competencies, and for creating more effective ERGs and Diversity Councils. Learn more by visiting PRISM.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils & Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational & business objectives. Learn more by visiting the Association.