Meet the Winners of the 2022 Diversity Impact Awards
Organizations Honored for Making a Difference in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in 2022
Talent Dimensions Press Release, September 29, 2022
For Additional Information Contact: Kathleen Gamble – firstname.lastname@example.org
Greensboro, NC (September 29, 2022) — Talent Dimensions and the Global ERG Network (previously the Association of ERGs & Councils) recognized the outstanding achievements of Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils and other DE&I initiatives at the 2022 Diversity Impact Awards ceremony at the Global ERG Summit (previously the ERG & Council Conference) at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
“It was wonderful to finally be back in person after the last two years of our virtual existence. The energy at the Summit was amazing, and it was clear that our participants were really missing that in-person connection. We are so happy to be able to provide that once again. It was an honor to once again be able to celebrate with the winners of the Diversity Impact Awards in-person,” said Lynn Cowart, Co-Owner and Chief Operations Officer of Talent Dimensions. This year’s Diversity Impact Awards Ceremony was also live-streamed for those who could not attend the in-person event. Five award categories were presented: Top 25 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), Top 10 Enterprise-Wide ERGs, Top 10 Diversity Action Groups, Executive Sponsors of the Year and the Impact Spotlight Award.
The Diversity Impact Awards were launched in 2020 as the next iteration of the ERG & Council Honors Award – making it the first and longest running and nationally recognized awards to honor the contributions and achievements of ERGs, BRGs, Diversity Councils and Affinity Networks. The Diversity Impact Awards are now supported by Talent Dimensions, the Global ERG Network and eePulse.
“The energy of having this group together for the first time in 3 years was contagious. These groups continue to raise the bar for excellence, and their work will have far reaching impacts for years to come,” offered Cile Johnson, Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer of Talent Dimensions.
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards leverages a data driven and scientifically validated model (The Impact Model™) developed by Dr. Theresa Welbourne, Senior Affiliate Research Scientist at the USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations and CEO of eePulse, to ensure buy-in from key stakeholders and provide an expanded opportunity for learning. When organizations participate year-over-year in the Diversity Impact Awards, the data provides them with a benchmark among competing organizations and the ability to chart or measure their own progress over time.
Thank you to our partners at USC Marshall School Centers for Effective Organizations (CEO) for their partnership in the 2022 Global ERG Summit.
We are both pleased and honored to announce the winners of and the rankings for the 2022 Diversity Impact Awards. Congratulations!
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards Top 25 ERG Award recipients in ranking order:
- Xcel Energy – Tribal Wind BRG
- Northwestern Mutual – Northwestern Mutual PRIDE Employee Resource Group
- Ericsson Inc.– GenNext Employee Resource Group
- Ecolab, Inc. – Pride Employee Resource Group
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) – Generations with Genius
- Novant Health – Novant Health Native American BRG
- AAA – The Auto Club Group – ACG Pride Employee Resource Group
- Erie Insurance – Erie Insurance Women’s Affinity Network
- Southern California Edison – Women’s Roundtable Business Group
- Erie Insurance – Erie Insurance Asian Pacific Affinity Network
- TIED: Novant Health – Novant Health Coexist BRG & Erie Insurance – Erie Insurance African American Affinity Network
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – The Organization for Women
- NextEra Energy – Women in Energy
- Novant Health – Novant Health Black/African American BRG
- Airbus Americas – Pride@Airbus
- Mount Sinai Health System – Heritage of Latinx Alliance (HOLA) ERG
- Northern Trust Corporation – Women in Leadership Business Resource Council
- TIED: American Airlines – American Airlines Black Professional Network (BPN) Employee Resource Group & Novant Health – Novant Health Persons with Disabilities BRG
- TIED: Northwestern Mutual – Northwestern Mutual Asian ERG & Jacobs – OneWorld
- NextEra Energy – African American Professional Employee Resource Group (AAPERG)
- Parkland Health – Parkland Women’s Resource Network ERG (WRN)
- TIED: State Street – State Street Latin American Professionals Group & Mount Sinai Health System – Asian Resource Network (ARN) ERG
- Sodexo – Honor
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) – NOAA’s ADAPT
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) – Women of NOAA
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards Top 10 Enterprise-Wide ERG Award recipients in ranking order:
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center – Cultural Competence & Inclusive Mentoring
- Mount Sinai Health System – Mount Sinai Heart Diversity Council
- Northern Trust – Northern Trust BRC Advisory Council
- Barilla – Barilla America – Employee Resource Groups
- TIED: Ricoh USA, Inc. – Martin Luther King, Jr. Month of Service & Ricoh USA, Inc. – Ricoh Feeds
- Entergy – Entergy’s Employee Resource Group
- Southwire Company, LLC – Southwire’s Employee Resource Groups
- AAA – The Auto Club Group – The Auto Club Group Employee Resource Groups
- American Heart Association – American Heart Association ERGs
- Kohl’s – Kohl’s Business Resource Group
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards Top 10 Diversity Action Award recipients in ranking order:
- Mount Sinai Health System – Mount Sinai Beth Israel and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary at Mount Sinai Diversity Council – UNITY Event
- Learning.com – Idea Committee – A Bright Idea: Improve Culture Through DEI and Awareness
- Kairos Power – Kairos Power Diversity and Inclusion Committee – Creating a More Diverse and Inclusive Workplace
- GeoComply – IMPACT Division – International Women’s Day Initiative: Empowering Women Around the Globe
- Tennessee Valley Authority – Human Resource & Communications – Inclusion with Diversity
- Sherlock Biosciences, Inc. – Magnify Diversity, Equity, Engagement and Inclusion Team
- Froedtert Health – Froedtert Health’s Diversity Council – Froedtert Health’s Diversity Council
- Parents as Teachers National Center – Parents as Teachers – Equity, the Lifesaver
- Ricoh USA, Inc – International Women’s Day
- Guardian – A Focus on Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards Executive Sponsor of the Year recipients in alphabetical order*:
- Bank of America – Chris Ward, Senior Vice President
- Erie Insurance – Fred Johnson, Vice President & Wisconsin Branch Manager
- Kohl’s – Katherine Finder, Senior Vice President Product Design & Brand Management
- Northwestern Mutual – Kamilah Williams-Kemp, Vice President Risk Products
- Novant Health – Ophelia Garmon-Brown, MD. M.Div.
The 2022 Diversity Impact Awards Impact Spotlight recipients in alphabetical order*:
- AAA – The Auto Club Group – Asian American Pacific Islander ERG
- Bank of America – Disability Action Network (DAN)
- Bank of America – Military Support and Assistance Group (MSAG)
- GM Financial – ‘Go Pro’ Training Initiative
*There is no ranking order for these awards
About the Global ERG Summit
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However, to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge, to learn, to share best practices, opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This was the purpose of the first annual conference designed specifically for ERGs, BRGs and Diversity Councils.
About the Global ERG Network
The Global ERG Network is a practice group of Talent Dimensions and the premier resource for transforming Employee Resource Groups, Diversity Councils and Employee Network Groups to impact key organizational and business objectives.
About USC Marshall School of Business Center for Effective Organizations
Since its founding over 40 years ago, the Center for Effective Organizations (CEO), a research center in the USC Marshall School of Business, is world-renowned for its breakthrough research and insights on organizational performance, effectiveness and talent management. Today, CEO is at the forefront, discovering and creating the latest knowledge in the design and management of organizations for companies that range from mid-sized to the Global 500. CEO’s worldwide network includes research scientists, faculty experts, best-selling authors and corporate partners. Working together they provide forward-thinking leaders with trusted insights and the hands-on learning they need to help them solve complex problems and build highly effective, sustainable organizations.